She has received many accolades for her dedication and work in school meal programs including:
• Ohio Department of Education Stellar Nutrition Award
• Ohio School Board Outstanding Food and Nutrition Director of the Year
• FAME Silver Rising Star Award
• Children’s Hunger Alliance School Breakfast Program of the Year Award
• Cincinnatus Association Outstanding Administrator of the Year Award
• United Fresh Produce Excellence in Foodservice Award
• Food Service Director Magazine’s Director of the Month
• Center for Disease Control Communities Putting Prevention to Work Champion
• City of Cincinnati Outstanding Customer Service Award
• Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce Women Excel Leadership Scholar
• Cincinnati 100 Wise Women Scholar
• Multiple Ohio Department of Education Stellar Award for Best Nutrition Practices Award
Before joining the school district, Jessica worked in local health department jurisdictions for ten years. Most recently, she was a Senior Registered Environmental Health Specialist for the Cincinnati Health Department.
Jessica has been an invited speaker at several national conferences including the Council of Great City Schools, the National Environmental Health Association, the School Nutrition Association, the American Dietetic Association, and the Association of State & Territorial Public Health Nutrition Directors.
Jessica’s undergraduate degree in Zoology is from Miami University. She graduated summa cum laude with her MBA in Management, International Business, and Marketing from the University of Cincinnati and was honored as the Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year.
In her spare time, Jessica enjoys traveling, reading, cooking, and spending time with her husband Dan, and their six year old triplet boys, Hayden, Tanner, and Noel.